Castrol Alphasyn T range of synthetic gear lubricants are based on polyalphaolefins (PAO) fluids and sulphur/phosphorus antiwear additive technology, providing outstanding thermal stability and good load carrying capacity.
- Good thermal and oxidative stability provides reliable operation and extended operating life when compared to mineral oil based products.
- Inherently high viscosity index (VI) makes the product suitable for operations over a wide temperature range.
- Good anti-wear and load carrying abilities minimises gear wear and prolongs gear tooth life.
- Good water separation and demulsification characteristics means reduced down time through prolonged lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
- PAO based lubricant provides good compatibility with seals, paints and mineral oil based lubricants
Alphasyn T grades have been formulated for use in most types of light to medium duty enclosed gear systems but shouldnot be used for heavy/shock loaded systems. Alphasyn T is also suitable for bearings and circulatory systems operating athigh temperatures. Alphasyn T is suitable for various applications where a lubricating oil is used under high temperatures,e.g. from hydraulic systems through to large, slow moving gears. All products in the Alphasyn T range have very low pour points and excellent viscosity/temperature characteristics, allowing their use in both low and high temperature applications. The Alphasyn T range is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluro polymer seal materials.