Castrol Transaqua™ DW is a water-based hydraulic control fluid specifically formulated for use as the control medium in subsea production control systems. The fluid incorporates all the features required for operation throughout the control system including Sub Surface Safety Valves (SSSV) and intelligent well completions.
Castrol Transaqua DW has been developed and qualified under a Quality Management System with ISO 9001:1994 certification and an Environmental Management System with ISO 14001:1996 certification for Research and Development.
Qualification testing carried out in accordance with ISO 13628-6 Annex C (2006 E) and Petrobras specifications.
- Tested according to OSPAR requirements. Rigorous environmental testing has also been completed in many geographies worldwide, including Gulf of Mexico and Brazil.
- Has a similar formulation to the field proven Castrol Transaqua™ HT.
- Has a density balanced to that of seawater to reduce the effects of hydrostatic head, when operating subsea.
- Contains a fluorescent leak tracer to allow rapid detection of subsea leaks either visually or using a dedicated ROV mountable leak detection sensor.
- Maintains corrosion performance with seawater contamination.
- Tolerant of the high well temperatures encountered by those parts of the control system located at the well bore.
- Fully compatible and miscible in all proportions with other products in the Castrol Transaqua range and most other water-based subsea control fluids.
- Compatible with a wide range of materials commonly used in subsea control systems (see Tables 3 & 4). More detailed compatibility information is available on request.
Designed for use in all conventional and high pressure, high temperature applications (according to API 17 TR8) and especially formulated to allow operation in deepwater or extremely long step outs.
Can operate over a temperature range of -5ºC (23ºF) to 150ºC (356ºF).
Suitable for use within Electro-Hydraulic Multiplex (EH-Mux) or direct hydraulic control systems.
Designed for use throughout the entire production and workover control systems, covering Topsides and Subsea applications: both open water and well bore; and Downhole from control of a single SSSV through to complex intelligent well completions.