Castrol Transaqua™ HC 10 and HC 20 are water-based hydraulic control fluids specifically formulated for use as the control medium in subsea production control systems and in high and ultra high pressure gas wells, where there is a risk of hydrate formation due to gas ingress. The fluids incorporate all the features required for operation throughout the control system including Sub Surface Safety Valves (SSSV) and intelligent well completions.
Transaqua HC 10 and HC 20 have been developed and qualified under a Quality Management System with ISO 9001:2000 Certification and an Environmental Management System with ISO 14001:2004 certification for Research and Development.
Qualification testing carried out in accordance with ISO 13628-6 Annex C (2006 E) requirements
- Transaqua HC10 and HC 20 have been tested according to OSPAR requirements. Transaqua HC 10 is registered for use offshore in the UK. Rigorous environmental testing has also been completed in many geographies worldwide.
- Transaqua HC 10 and HC 20 utilise the same technology found in the field proven Transaqua HT2.
- Allow operation in extremely low ambient temperature environments and specifically inhibit hydrate formation in high and ultra high pressure control lines.
- Contains a leak tracer to allow rapid detection of leaks either visually or using dedicated ROV mountable leak detection sensor.
- Maintains corrosion performance with seawater contamination.
- Tolerant of the high well temperatures encountered by those parts of the control system located at the well bore.
- Fully compatible and miscible in all proportions with other products in the Castrol Transaqua range and most other water-based subsea control fluids.
- Compatible with a wide range of materials commonly used in subsea control systems (see Tables 4 & 5). More detailed compatibility information is available on request
- Transaqua HC 10 is suitable for high pressure projects (exceeding 10,000 psi at 4ºC) and Transaqua HC 20 is suitable for ultra high pressure projects (exceeding 20,000 psi at 4ºC), where entrained gas may contaminate control lines creating a risk of hydrate formation.
- Can operate over a temperature range of -30ºC (-22ºF) to 170ºC (338ºF).
- Passed ISO 13628-6 Annex C (2006 E)/API 17F TR8 testing at 170°C (338°F)
- Track record of use in subsea production control systems at tempertures up to 170°C (338°F)
- Tested to 180°C (356°F) in SSSV Equipment to OTO 99 001
- Suitable for use within Electro-Hydraulic Multiplex (EH-Mux) or direct hydraulic control systems.
- Designed for use throughout the entire production and workover control systems, covering Topsides and Subsea applications: both open water and well bore; and downhole from control of a single SSSV through to complex intelligent well completions.